Fulfilling a Lifelong Dream
Family dentistry has been a way of life for me, and the passion for caring for children is in my genes. My mother, Dr. Lynda Dean-Duru, also a pediatric dentist, was my first inspiration towards family dentistry. Having started my journey in family care working as a pediatric dental assistant at Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, I spent many summers as my mother’s mentee. Watching what seemed like magical healing art she deployed while treating her patients and knowing the need and the power of proactive preventive dental health for children, I chose a career specializing in pediatric dentistry.
It is an honor to join my mother in practice at Ashburn Children’s Dentistry where I get to fulfill my commitment to helping each child and parent have a positive and transformative dental experience, with compassion and fun! Having matured as an integrative laser pediatric dental surgeon and absorbing the ethos of Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, I work tirelessly to stay abreast of emerging research, and improve the quality of life for children by learning from the world’s leading researchers and clinicians. Through these means, we are continually integrating critical aspects of oral structure, craniofacial development, and its impact on the pediatric airway in the service of providing optimal patient outcomes. Caring for children is so powerful and rewarding and with that, understanding the importance of utilizing gentle and minimal intervention therapies. Treating the source of their issues—instead of the symptoms—and focusing on early prevention, has been critical to my role in educating parents and assisting their blossoming child’s development into a healthy and resilient adult.
I hold an undergraduate degree from Columbia University in New York, where I studied Psychology. I received a Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia and completed my Pediatric Residency at Interfaith Department of Dental Medicine in Brooklyn, New York, where I served in a leadership role as Chief Resident. Board certified, I am a proud Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
When not helping my young patients build happy smiles, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, growing in my faith, improving my dancing skills, learning boxing moves, traveling — and cheering on Washington sports teams!
“Dr. Krystle,” as she is known by her patients, is thrilled to join her mom, Dr. Lynda, in practice. Patients and parents compliment her fun, compassionate approach. They are also impressed by her commitment to helping each child and parent have a positive dental experience. Having matured as a dental surgeon, she is constantly working to enhance her capabilities in the field.
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- The American Dental Association
- The Northern Virginia Dental Society
- The Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Laser Study Club
- Breathe Institute Ambassadors
- ALF Interface Academy, Foundation for Airway Health
- The Sleep & Airway Study Club
- Foundation for Airway Health (members)
- Founding members of the Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences (AAMS)
- American Academy of Physiological Medicine & Dentistry (AAPMD)
- International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM)
- The Sleep & Airway Study Club
- Airway Mini-Residency 2.0 Dr. Barry Raphael and Dr. Mark Cruz, – 2020
- Pediatric Airways Orthodontics Mini Residency,Dr.German Ramirez 2020
- MyoBrace Activities Group/Member – since 2018
- The Breathe Institute Functional Frenuloplasty and Sleep Course/TBI 2019
- ALF Fundamentals, Genesis, Grow, Guide, Babylase, Smilelase – Dr. Darick Nordstrom and Dr. Angie Tenholder
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Krystle or want to schedule an appointment, please contact Ashburn Children’s Dentistry.