Home|Blog | Even Out Your Smile with Teeth Straightening

Even Out Your Smile with Teeth Straightening

What are Dental Misalignments?

When you have poorly spaced teeth or teeth that don’t line up correctly, it is a good idea to receive teeth straightening to even out your smile. First, you will need an examination from a dentist or an orthodontist to understand what types of dental misalignments are affecting your teeth. There are several types of dental malocclusions that can affect your teeth, including:

It is possible to have one or more misalignments, and your orthodontist or dentist may collect X-rays of your mouth along with molds of your teeth. In addition to having problems with your teeth, you could have jaw conditions that require repair to improve your bite and smile. The information that is collected is analyzed by the dental health professional and a computer program to determine what type of braces or aligners are best for straightening your teeth.

The Different Types of Braces

If you must wear braces, then you can choose from several different types, including:

For most types of braces, you can visit your dentist or orthodontist for wire tightening, and if a bracket is loose, you must have it repaired right away. Choosing self-ligating braces will reduce the number of times that you must visit a dentist. You should also follow your dental health professional’s recommendations concerning your diet so that you don’t damage the wires or brackets with hard foods.

Get In Touch to Find Out More

To learn more about repairing your uneven smile with teeth straightening, we invite you to reach out and make an appointment with Ashburn Children’s Dentistry! At our convenient location in Ashburn, VA, our caring team will be pleased to explain your options in full and answer any questions you have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!

Related Blog Articles
Related Services
Contact Us
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.