Tooth-colored fillings are the ultimate solution to dental woes. You want your child to be able to flash those pearly whites and have a healthy set of teeth. Tooth-colored fillings offered by the dental team at Ashburn Children’s Dentistry in Ashburn, VA can fill dental cavities and leave your child’s smile looking natural too. Read on for everything you need to know about tooth-colored fillings.
What are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
These are resin-based tooth restorative materials that are used to fill dental cavities after removal of dental decay or dental caries. The resin used is typically bis-GMA into which special particles are incorporated to increase strength.
What are the Benefits?
Tooth-colored fillings are an excellent option for restoring child and adult tooth cavities. Take a look at the benefits:
- They replicate the color and hue of a natural tooth
- They are moldable and can be shaped to resemble natural teeth closely
- They use light to harden immediately, which is a quick process
- They restore the hardness of natural teeth up to 85 to 95%
- They can be used on both front as well as back teeth
- They can be repaired easily if broken or chipped
Tooth-colored fillings can return your child’s smile to its natural state easily and effectively. They are a great option for both front and back tooth fillings that have cavities or are broken down due to injury or some other type of issue. Booking treatment at specialist facilities like Ashburn Children’s Dentistry is the best way to provide your little one with the best care possible.
Ashburn Children’s Dentistry is conveniently located in Ashburn, VA. Contact our office today to book an appointment for your child.